If you would like to view and control your Mk1C from your local computer on the same network, then follow the steps outlined below:
1. Install the full MinION software or the stand-alone MinKNOW GUI on your local computer.
2. Connect the Mk1C device to the same Local Area Network (LAN) by ethernet or wifi.
3. Open MinKNOW on your local computer and in the Connection Manager select Add Host.
In the Add Host box, enter the Mk1C ID (MC-xxxxxx, x is a number) or enter the Mk1C device-specific IP address (listed in Host Settings > Network Settings). If you are connecting to the Mk1C device's Hotspot you can use the IP address 10.42.0.1.
4. Once the device is recognized, select Mk1C in Connection Manager.
5. From here you will be able to start, monitor, and stop runs. As well as, access information in Host Settings. Note: The sequencing run or post-run analysis will still be processed on the Mk1C device and data will still be stored on the Mk1C until you transfer it to another computer.